Here is a list of frequently asked quesions but please do contact Richard Lebus on 020 8892 9696 or at Richard@Lebus.net if you want to know something else. After replying to you, we will add the answer to the list so that all members know.
1. Is there a membership joining fee? – No
2. Is there a waiting list? – No
3. How do I join? – Click here
4. Where is the membership form? – Click here
5. What is the membership fee? – Click here
6. When are the lectures? – First Tuesday of the month (not January).
7. What time are the lectures? – Drinks from 7pm, one-hour lecture at 8pm.
8. What is the next lecture? – Click here
9. Can I come along to a lecture if I’m not a member? – Yes, you are most welcome to come along. No ticket needed. Just turn up and pay £5 on the door. We’ll refund the £5 if you join.
10. Can I bring more than one guest? – Yes, bring as many friends as you’d like. Non-members pay £5 per person which is refunded if the guest joins as a member. Note though that the May and November lectures are free, not £5.
11. Is there a lecture in August? – Yes
12. Is there a lecture in January? – No
13. Where are the lectures held? – Duke Street Church, Duke Street, Richmond TW9 1DH
14. Where are the study days held? – Vestry Hall, 21 Paradise Road, Richmond TW9 1SA
15. Where do I get the coach for visits? – Old Deer Park Car Park
16. How do I get my membership and programme cards? – They are posted to members who supply a stamped addressed envelope and are also available at each lecture. Send your stamp addressed envelope to Richard Lebus at 238 St Margaret’s Road, Twickenham TW1 1NL.
17. How do I apply to go on a visit or study day? – Application forms are emailed out quarterly. The forms are posted to members who do not have email addresses or who cannot print. A ballot is held about three weeks later in the unlikely event that a visit or study day is oversubscribed.
18. Queries about a specific visit or study day? – Contact the organiser whose name is on the application form. There are definitely no places left if there is no application form on the Visits page or on the Study Days page. There may be a place if there is an application form there.
19. Are there still places on a trip? – Contact Richard Lebus on 020 8892 9696 or email him at Richard@Lebus.net. Bookings are accepted in order of receipt of booking forms.
20. Do I need to be a member to go on the visits, study days and trips? – There’s no hard and fast rule. We do welcome non-members of course but members take precedence if an event is oversubscribed. The best thing to do is to check with the organiser of the event.
22. What is the Gift Aid amount for this year and recent years? – Click here
23. What do I make cheques payable to? – The Arts Society Richmond. Please do separate cheques for each visit, study day or lunch party.
24. What are the bank details? – Sort code: 40-38-18, account 31024191. When you do a bank transfer you don’t need to put your name in the reference box because your name shows automatically. Better is to note what the transfer is for. You don’t need to do separate transfers for different things. You just need to send an email to the Treasurer Richard@Lebus.net
25. How do I pay my subscription by direct debit? – It takes two minutes to fill in the direct debit form with your name, email address and bank details. Click here for single membership and click here for double membership.
26. Can I use a paper form to set up a direct debit? – No. We use a company called GoCardless to process our direct debits because they do not charge a monthly fee. It’s an online company so there is no paper form.
27. When are subscriptions payable? – Subscriptions are due on 1st July.
28. Who do I contact about volunteering? – Contact Jenny Lebus on 020 8892 9696 or email her at Jenny@Lebus.net
29. What are the contact details of a committee member? – Click here
30. What is your postal address? – 238 St Margaret’s Road, Twickenham TW1 1NL
31. What is your email address? – Richmond@theartssociety.org
32. What is your phone number? – Call 020 8892 9696 or 07989 737582 to speak to Richard Lebus.