Heritage Volunteers are committed non-specialist volunteers who work under the guidance of curators and other professionals to help conserve our heritage.
They undertake projects for museums, National Trust properties, historic houses, libraries and gardens and they give their time to care for collections, record documents and act as guides and stewards.
Typical projects include:
- On-site conservation of books, manuscripts, archives and maps
- Cataloguing documents and archival listing
- Conservation of arms and armour, medals and military silver
- Preventative conservation of textiles, replica work and creation of period costumes
- Guiding and stewarding in museums, historic houses and gardens
We are currently recruiting for various roles at Turner’s House.
If you would like to know more about Heritage Volunteering, please contact Jenny Lebus on 020 8892 9696 or Jenny@Lebus.net.